I’m back after being busy with some really interesting issues at work. I found a minute and I’d like to post few items.
First of all – the question “In OBI, How to move System Wide default settings from one environment to another?” comes up a lot – here’s an official response that I found on the knowledge base:
System wide default settings cannot be moved from one environment to another by design. The recommended way to move any other changes is to perform an Archive and then an unarchive. But, this method does not work for System wide default settings
The following Bug has been logged to make this feature available in the future releases:
BUG 8271294 – ARCHIVING AND UNARCHIVING DOES NOT STORE SYSTEM WIDE DEFAULTS
So now you know what to tell your project manager.
Second item I found interesting is:
“How to reduce the space between multiple pivot tables placed side by side?”
1. Provided that s_oracle10 is in use; backup the following files before editing them
2. Set the following section in both files above:
3. Restart the OC4j and the Presentation server
There is currently no way to make a query use a specific connection pool. The following bug has been raised to address this requirement- As you are already aware, current workaround is to have separate database defined in physical layer :
Bug 9392303 – FIRST CONNECTION POOL CHOSEN BY DEFAULT FOR ALL QUERIES
Customers requirement :
They have a new application that need connect to mutiple database, so under
physical layer root have two connection pool.
So under Database in physical layer 1st connection pool points to an oracle
instance and second connection pool points to a different oracle instance.
When we run report in answers, the connection information is always taken
from the 1st connection pool by default – hence we get table cannot be found
ora error. Reason being the table exists in the database instance referenced
in the 2nd connection pool.
When we do view data in RPD , the results return fine – this is because while
clicking on view data, we explicitly have to select the connection pool.
While creating the logical table/column, we only specify the database name
and the schema name and the table name- no place to provide connection pool
info – hence the server chooses the 1st one by default.
Need a way to fix this – current workaround suggested is to have multiple
database created in physical layer.