This has been bugging me for a while. Now, I know what the problem was.
When are Subject Areas and View Privileges visible in the Admin > Manage Privileges link?.
The functionality is as follows:
1. A Subject Area is stored in a webcat once a user has accessed it via Answers.
2. The Subject Area will be visible in the Admin >Manage Privileges link only if a user has accessed the Answers link.
3. Subject Areas will persist for the life of the webcat, but will not be accessible via the Admin > Manage Privileges link after the webserver services have been stopped and restarted. They will only be accessible once a user (any user) has accessed the Answers page in a webclient session.
4. The behavior described in Step 3 ensures that potentially archived, deleted or renamed subject areas are not visible for setting privileges.
5. The View privileges will also not be accessible via the Admin > Manage Privileges link after a webserver service recycle until and unless a user (any user) has accessed it in a webclient session.
a. When you run a request, the following privileges become visible in the Admin > Manage Privileges link
View Nested Request
View Pivot Table
View Logical SQL
b. When the user clicks on “Customize View”, the following privileges become visible:
View Create Segment
c. When the user clicks on Views Tab, the following privileges become visible:
View Column Filter
View Global Filter
what is globel filter in obiee?